Monday, February 27, 2012

Kismet...

OK, so I'm professing to the world...well maybe just this humble screen in front of me...that everything's a little overwhelming right now...I can't give 100% to anything (even the cat needs worming!) then voila! Like the proverbial bolt out of the blue elements beyond my control begin to manipulate my universe without a thought or care from me. On a mindless mission to the much loved local bookstore - I happened upon this little 'hint' from who knows where...


this book called to me from the shelf - well the gorgeous linen like cover and the 'a guide to simple living' drew me right in - a few flicks through the pages and I was sold - chapters such as 'organising your life'  'nourishment'  and 'home grown self reliance' held promises of a plan to release my family and I from the crazy mayhem that we have come to believe is part and parcel of a normal existence. I promptly purchased said book, tucked it under my arm and came home and devoured its contents. One of the first chapters calms me with its guide on 'moving towards simplicity' hallelujah...bring it on....I'm thinking Rhonda is definitely on my side. She tells me that taking on extra work isn't necessarily the answer to funding number 1 babe's journey through Uni (it's his first real day of Uni today, just thought I'd mention that..) maybe working from home to avoid the 'we'll have to get takeaway tonight' syndrome that seems to happen every rep netball training night by meal planning and taking the time to cook food from scratch. There are recipes for baking bread, making soap and using natural oils (olive and almond) as a moisturiser - cheaper and way better than lavishing all the contents of the essay of scientific ingredients found on the back of my jar. I waffle on - but this book is the tonic my life needed and I'm determined to swallow a little of it's advice each day. Rhonda has a Blog here that massaged my brain for a least an hour on Saturday night, it's a wealth of calming information.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's instalment dear reader where a brief interlude on a shopping centre's lounge introduced me to a wonderful market stall that opened another lock on the shackles of my life....
Sally xxx

No comments: